Peanut Butter and Chocolate Meringues
Cook time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total Weight Watchers SmartPoints® Value: 3 per meringue.
1 cup liquid egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Cocoa peanut powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250. Prep two cookie sheets covered with parchment.
2. In stand mixer, add egg whites and pinch of cream of tartar. Beat on high for approximately 1 minute; whites will become very frothy and start to rise.
3. Keep motor running and gradually add sugar and then continue beating for approximately 5 minutes. Continue to keep the motor running and gradually add powdered sugar; continue beating for 8-10 minutes or until very stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy-looking. (While you just let the mixer go for 8 minutes, melt your peanut butter and chocolate chips, separately. You want them melted, but not over hot).
4. Move egg white mixture to medium mixing bowl and carefully fold in prepared Peanut Butter & Co. Cocoa peanut powder. Take large spoon or slightly rounded spatula and slowly and gently make a circular motion around the egg whites.
5. Take large rounded scoops and place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Place in the oven and drop the temperature down to 200. Let bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 20 minutes. Meringues should be firm to the touch and soft on the inside.
6. Let cool slowly – just leave them on the cookie sheet for a bit. Then remove and let cool on a cooling rack. Store in airtight container for approximately 2-3 days.
WEIGHT WATCHERS for services and SmartPoints are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks are used with permission by Peanut Butter & Co.