PB&J Banana Bread
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
For this version, I’ve upped the ante by adding chunky Crunch Time peanut butter to the batter and swirling in a ribbon of sweet Gorgeous Grape jelly to give it an old-school PB&J twist – you get all the deliciousness of your childhood favorite, only with none of the mess. What’s not to love?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium bananas)
3/4 cup Crunch Time peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Gorgeous Grape jelly, divided (or any other good-quality jam)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9″x4″ loaf tin and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the mashed bananas, peanut butter, honey, yogurt, egg, oil and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a second large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add the wet ingredients, and stir until just barely combined. Scrape two-thirds of the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
4. Spoon 1/2 cup of Gorgeous Grape jelly onto the batter. Spoon in the remaining batter, then drop small dollops of the remaining 1/4 cup of jelly onto the top. Run a sharp knife in a zig-zag motion through the dollops to create swirls.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a moist crumb. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
What other jam or jelly flavor would you swirl into this PB&J Banana Bread?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of Crunch Time, the peanut butter used in this recipe.
– The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, September 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
– One entry per person.
– Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
– Winner(s) will have until 09/25/14 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
– Winner will win one jar of Crunch Time peanut butter. Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.