PB&J Banana Bread
I'm a little obsessed with banana bread. So much so, in fact, that I often buy too many bananas so that I'll be "forced" to use up the leftovers when they get too ripe to eat.
For this version, I've upped the ante by adding chunky Crunch Time peanut butter to the batter and swirling in a ribbon of sweet Gorgeous Grape jelly to give it an old-school PB&J twist - you get all the deliciousness of your childhood favorite, only with none of the mess. What's not to love?
- Yield:10 servings
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:1 hour
- Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium bananas)
3/4 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Crunch Time
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup jelly, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9″x4″ loaf tin and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the mashed bananas, Peanut Butter & Co. Crunch Time, honey, yogurt, egg, oil and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a second large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add the wet ingredients, and stir until just barely combined. Scrape two-thirds of the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
4. Spoon 1/2 cup of jelly onto the batter. Spoon in the remaining batter, then drop small dollops of the remaining 1/4 cup of jelly onto the top. Run a sharp knife in a zig-zag motion through the dollops to create swirls.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a moist crumb. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.