Mighty Maple Peanut Butter Yogurt Scones
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
My recipe for Mighty Maple Peanut Butter Yogurt Scones was inspired by an unforgettable cranberry yogurt scone that I tasted a few years back at a bed and breakfast in Vermont. This time my scones incorporate one of my absolute favorite ingredients: peanut butter! The combination of whole wheat flour, maple syrup, French vanilla yogurt, and maple peanut butter creates a slightly sweet yet hearty scone that will start your day off on the right foot!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 19-20 minutes
Total time: 23-25 minutes
Yield: 8 scones
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/3 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Maple peanut butter
1 6-ounce container Stonyfield organic 0% fat French Vanilla yogurt
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Add in peanut butter, yogurt, maple syrup, and butter, mixing as you go.
4. Form dough into a ball, place on a greased baking sheet and pat down into a circle about 1/2 to 1/4 -inch thick.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and then cut into 8 segments.
6. Bake for about 17-19 minutes or until edges are slightly crisp and the top is lightly browned.
7. Allow to cool before serving.