Honey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones
<! –– Bazaarvoice Shopify Integration Version 2.1 ––>
- Yield:12 scones
- Prep Time:2 hours 15 minutes
- Cook Time:20 minutes
- Total Time:2 hours 35 minutes
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
6 tablespoons Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knees
8 ounces mini-chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
2/3 cup half-and-half
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, pour in flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Pulse 2-3 times to mix ingredients.
- Add butter pieces and pulse until the mixture forms crumbles the size of small peas. Then, add in the Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knees and pulse again until peanut butter is no longer visible.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and half-and-half. Pour half of the liquid into the peanut butter mixture, then pulse to incorporate. Repeat with the remaining liquid.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- At this point the dough will be sticky so it is helpful to lightly flour your hands before touching the dough. Remove the dough from the food processor and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide it into half and press each half into a circle about 6” in diameter and 3/4” thick. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Remove disks from the fridge and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut each disk into 6 evenly sized wedges. Separate each wedge so they are about 1” apart to allow for even baking.
- Bake scones for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. To check if they are baked through make sure the edges and sides are golden brown and slightly hardened. They should not look wet or doughy.
- Cool briefly, serve warm. Enjoy!
Tags: Breakfast Dessert Peanut butter Peanut Butter & Co. Snack The Bee's Knees Uncategorized