Easter has always been about chocolate for me: Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate–it’s all delicious. I’ve always been intrigued by the pairing of chocolate with savory ingredients; White Chocolate Wonderful has just the right amount of sweetness to pair well with fresh spring asparagus and ripe cherry tomatoes, taking the salad course to the next level.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
12 ounces asparagus (about 20 medium pieces)
6 tablespoons White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
2 tablespoons mustard
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
1 12-ounce bag of mixed spring greens
1. Trim the white ends off of the asparagus and then cut it up into 1-inch long segments.
2. Prepare an ice bath for the asparagus by putting cold water and ice in a large bowl.
3. Steam the asparagus pieces either over the stove or in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute until they develop a deep green color and are soft enough to bite through but still snap when broken.
4. Immediately toss the asparagus into the ice bath and let it sit for 5 minutes.
5. To make the dressing, whisk together the White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter, mustard, white vinegar, and water until smooth and emulsified.
6. Strain the water and ice from the asparagus and combine them in a large bowl with the cherry tomatoes and greens.
7. Toss the vegetables with 2/3 of the dressing and lay them out on a large salad platter.
8. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top of the salad. Serve at room temperature.