After taking my first bite of this creamy dessert, words simply failed me. As a writer I searched my vocabulary and I couldn’t find words to adequately describe the taste and flavor of this light dessert. Luscious? Well yes. But more than that. Tantalizing? You bet. Melt-in-your-mouth? It does.
No matter how you choose to describe it I encourage you to try it for yourself. A layer of creamy peanut butter flavored mousse made with White Chocolate peanut butter is a special treat to be shared with loved ones. Top it with a drizzle of peanut butter flavored caramel sauce and it takes it up another notch. One bite and you will be at a loss for words yourself. Instead, you’ll just sigh with satisfaction…and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
For the peanut butter mousse
1 cup White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla, or ½ teaspoon vanilla syrup
1 cup whipping cream
For the peanut butter caramel sauce
½ cup white granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream
⅓ cup White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
6 store-bought chocolate dessert cups
½ cup roasted peanuts
½ cup chocolate shavings
1. For the mousse: Using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until well blended. In a separate bowl using clean dry beaters, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture in additions.
2. For the caramel sauce: In a dry heavy saucepan cook sugar over moderate heat, without stirring, until it begins to melt. Continue cooking sugar, stirring with a fork, until melted and cook, without stirring, swirling pan, until a deep golden caramel. Remove pan from heat and add cream (caramel will bubble and steam). Return pan to heat and simmer, stirring, until caramel is dissolved. Add peanut butter and simmer, stirring, until smooth and thickens slightly. Note: Sauce can be made up to 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container, chilled.
3. Assembly: Spoon mousse into chocolate cups. Drizzle filled cups with peanut butter caramel sauce. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and peanuts. Refrigerate.
PEANUT BUTTER GIVEAWAY
Valerie uses peanuts and chocolate shavings to garnish the mousse. What other toppings do you think would be tasty with this dessert?
Leave a comment below with your answer to enter for a chance at winning a jar of White Chocolate Wonderful, the peanut butter used in this recipe!
- The giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Monday, October 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.
- One entry per person.
- Winner(s) will be generated via a random number generator and notified via the contact email provided on the comment form.
- Winner(s) will have until 10/4/12 to claim their prize or we will choose another winner.
- Winner will win one 16oz jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter ($6 value). Product will be shipped by Peanut Butter & Co.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age to enter. See Official Giveaway Rules.