- Peanut Butter Recipes - http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/recipes -
Peanut Butter Cake with Caramelized Bananas and Chocolate
Posted By Caroline Wright On August 16, 2011 @ 8:47 am In Uncategorized | 164 Comments
In memory of Elvis Presley who passed away on this day back in 1977, I’ve whipped up this decadent cake which brings together a few favorite peanut butter pairings like chocolate, caramel and bananas. It’s pretty enough for a party, and for sure one Elvis would have enjoyed!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
¾ cup (1½ sticks) softened butter plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
1 ½ cups plus ¼ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk
4 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
1. Butter and flour two 8-inch round pans. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and 1 ½ cups sugar; beat in Smooth Operator peanut butter. Beat in eggs and vanilla until incorporated; alternately add flour mixture and milk (beginning and ending with flour), frequently scraping down sides of bowl. Transfer batter to two pans.
3. Bake in the oven until the cakes test clean with a toothpick, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, turning cakes out of pans after 10 minutes.
4. Make banana filling: Heat ¼ cup sugar in medium skillet over medium. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until sugar melts and turns an amber color; add remaining butter to pan. Add bananas; remove from heat and toss to slightly soften.
5. Assemble Cake: Place one cake layer on a platter; arrange bananas on top of layer. Sandwich with second layer; frost with Simple Chocolate Frosting, below.
Simple Chocolate Frosting
1 pound bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 tablespoon agave nectar or corn syrup
¾ pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Article printed from Peanut Butter Recipes: http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/recipes
URL to article: http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/recipes/peanut-butter-cake-with-caramelized-bananas-and-chocolate/
Copyright © 2011 Peanut Butter Recipes. All rights reserved.